It was a cold and rainy weekend here in Utah. Some parts of the state got a lot of snow, but we got only rain.
Friday was online learning day at school so I worked in my classroom alone most of the day. During a little break, I worked on some voter postcards, which I put in the mail on the way home. This is my third batch of voter postcards. I have now written and mailed postcards to voters in California, Arizona and North Carolina.
Friday dinner was open face cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese and green salad. I got the recipe for the open face cheeseburgers over here at Mari's blog. It's a quick, easy and delicious recipe.
Saturday morning, we went out and did a little shopping. We needed to go to Walmart, then we stopped at our favorite thrift store and looked around a bit. I got a couple of books and a few other things.
Later we went to Winco, a grocery store in our area that has lots of bulk items. We got some nuts...
...and spices we were low on.
Winco also had some good looking sushi and while I am not a sushi eater, Charly loves it and got some for his lunch.
Because it rainy all day Saturday, I exercised in our downstairs family room. I enjoy exercising down there, usually while listening to a podcast or watching TV. I listened to a couple of podcasts while I exercised on Saturday afternoon.
Saturday dinner was chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and country gravy and seasoned green beans.
Saturday night after dinner, Charly went over to Big Lots and Dollar Tree to get some food items he likes. I did not go along, but took an early shower and settled on the couch to watch a Dateline episode. Dateline is about the only TV show I watch with any regularity. Saturday's episode was a repeat, but I hadn't seen it for a while and couldn't remember if the bad guy actually got convicted at the end, so I watched it while I read some blogs. Later, I finished reading this book, Melania and Me, which of course is about Melania Trump and a scandal (one of many Trump scandals) about the funding for his inauguration in 2016. The book is written by Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who was a former close friend of Melania's was at the center of the scandal. The book was an interesting read. There were lots of details, and I learned a little about what life in the White House is like. This was the 11th book I have finished so far in 2021.
This is my 2021 reading chart. When my kids were little, we did lots of reading charts - usually it was a homework assignment for school. I saw this chart online at the end of last year, and figured, why not? The goal is to read at least 21 minutes every day in 2021. So far I have done at least 21 minutes a day and usually much more than that. It's kind of fun to keep track and visually see that I really am keeping my goal.
I got this cute snail-mail note card and nice letter from my blogging buddy Rita over at SoulComfort's Corner. Thanks, Rita. It is always nice to hear from you! I also got and responded to emails from Faith over at Gold in the Clouds and Jean, a fairly new blogging friend from What's Up at the Stauffers. I love, love, love hearing from blogging friends and truly believe that bloggers are some of the nicest people I have ever met! In addition to hearing from blog friends, I got some nice messages this weekend from a couple of long-time friends from Arizona, a cousin who lives here in Utah and my niece and sister in New York.
Sunday, Charly and I watched church via Zoom, while Josh went in person. The man shown in this picture, Steve Payne, is the new bishop of our congregation as of today. He is a very nice man who lives nearby. In our church, all of our local leaders and clergy are unpaid volunteers who have outside careers. Bishop Payne is a recently retired manager who worked in the corporate office of Delta Airlines. Bishop Payne's counselors (assistants) are also from our Three Fountains neighborhood. One is an attorney with ten adult children. The other one, (I believe) is a psychologist. He and his wife don't have any children. All of our leadership are very nice and kind men, at least that has been my experience with them.
After church, I did some indexing of military discharge records from 1911 and Alabama voter registrations from the 1930s. You can see from the green line in the graph on the lower part of the picture, that I have already surpassed by indexing goal for the month by quite a bit. I really enjoy indexing and helping to preserve historic records.
I took two walks today - one in the afternoon with Charly...
...and a second by myself after dinner. After a rainy Saturday, there was blue sky (at least most of the day), sunshine, and temperatures in the 50s. Another couple of wet and wintry days will start tomorrow so I just had to get outside as much as I could today. When I got back home from my second walk, I got my granddaughter, Hailey's birthday card all ready to mail and took it to the post office. We were hoping to see her on her birthday and give her a card and gift in person, but our daughter decided we should wait to get together until after Charly has had his second Covid shot, so the earliest we will see them is April. That's OK - we will mail her card now, then take her a little something else when we see her in person.
As soon as I finish this post, Charly and I plan to watch an episode of The Chosen. We are enjoying this series and it is perfect for a Sunday evening.
I hope your weekend was a good one like mine. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.
😊Deb💗
"There is not one great and grand thing we can do to arm ourselves spiritually. True spiritual power lies in numerous smaller acts woven together in a fabric of spiritual fortification that protects and shields from all evil."
~ M. Russell Ballard















0 Yorumlar