Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My No Spend Challenge 2022 - The Rules

 


The simple rules for My No Spend 2022 Challenge are:

1.  My housekeeping money for the year is the cash and coupons that I had in the Lodge at the start of the year and may only be added to with any other coupons or points that I get over the course of the year.

2.  The average for each month worked out at £50.83, so taking this as a rounded £50 I can only start the year with £50 in my purse, any left over at the end of the month can be carried forward to the following month.  

3.  No money may be drawn down from future months.

4.  The monthly spending will be roughly divided into £10 per week for food and £10 per month for non-food items.  This will not include dog food or treats as Alan pays for these, or for my laundry products as I buy these on a regular subscription from Smol.  It will include everything else ... toilet rolls, tissues, toiletries etc.

5.  I may ask for things to help out with my Challenge for my birthday and Christmas, or any other regularly occurring events that I cannot for the life of me think of at the moment.

6.  Things I am not buying for myself this year:

Clothes*

Books

Shoes

Fripperies

Household Linens etc


7.  *If I lose enough weight to need to, I may buy myself clothes of a smaller size with money made from selling any clothes that are too large.

8.  I may continue to sell things that I already own on either Facebook Marketplace or at car boot sales, and I can use any money received to purchase gifts, cards etc for birthdays or Christmas 2022 for other people.  All cash received this way will be put into the enamel teapot as the new Gift Giving Fund and may be drawn from at any time.

9.  I can continue to eat out or have takeaways as Alan usually pays for these treats for us out of his Navy pension, on the understanding that for every meal he buys me I make us both a meal from my own supplies.

10.  I will post about the Challenge at least once a week on this blog and will show photographs of the contents of the cupboards/fridge/freezer at the start of each month.

11.  I will try to get and keep all receipts and show them on a shopping post every time I go shopping, as well as sticking them into my challenge diary for posterity.

12.  These rules may not be changed but can be added to if I think of something else that should have been here from the beginning.



Have I missed anything?

I don't think so but if you think of anything that is screamingly obvious please let me know.  Back tomorrow with those Food Stash photos, sorry but this post is long enough already. 😀

If you have any questions I will try and answer them in the comments.  Questions asked after this week will be directed back to this post, as hopefully it will prove helpful.


Sue xx



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar