Another reading challenge for the new year that I will try and undertake.
Number 3, so far in my commitments, along with the USA State Reading Challenge and Read Scotland.
The objective will be to complete a line either vertically, horizontally or diagonally, or you can claim a Four Corner Bingo by completing each corner on the grid plus two other squares.
Short rules - books must be primarily mysteries - detective fiction, crime fiction, espionage etc,
Golden qualifiers will be books originally published pre-1960 and silver qualifiers will come from the period 1960 to 1989.
The same book can't be used twice to fill two squares.
The challenge is running from January 1st through to December 31st, 2014.
Number-wise a line from each card will be 12 books, so it's not overly-taxing. Trying to construct a line from what I have in my library, particularly with it's emphasis on more modern fiction - probably post-1990 may be a bit more tricky.
Thanks for Tracy from the excellent Bitter Tea and Mystery blog for alerting me to this challenge.
Thanks to Bev at My Reader's Block for hosting the challenge which you can get full details for and sign up to here.
The more ambitious may try and complete a full card - good luck with that one. Me, I'm setting my sights a fair bit lower!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With my US Challenge giving me a target of 51 books and my Ben Nevis target of 13 for Read Scotland; 12 for the Vintage Silver and Gold puts me at 76 books.
Two more personal reading challenges will follow - Espionage/Spy Fiction - 12 books and a Down Under Challenge - 12 books from Australian and New Zealand authors in 2014.
There's a certain symmetry in rounding off my 5 challenges at 100 books, though I will undoubtedly be counting some of the books I read for more than 1 challenge. Is that called cheating or just common sense?
.jpg)


0 Yorumlar