Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lancome Rouge in Love in 337M Rose Plumetis

I have been wondering for the longest time if I should start this post, and what happened today really pushed me to blog about this.

You see, I've got the Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick since its launch. I love the girl on the ad, that is, Emma Watson. But while I do have an overall good feeling about it, I have never found it interesting enough to sit down and write.

There is just nothing truly compelling that I needed to let the whole world know, until today. Until today, I accidentally left my 337M at home and not in my shoulder bag. Until today, I wanted to reach for a lip colour and just couldn't find it in that side pocket. Until today, I have my long time buddy Elianto lipgloss in the bag but refuse to use it. Then I know, I crave my Lancome Rouge in Love.

Lancome Rouge in Love in 337M Rose Plumetis


And that's the feeling of being in love. As though you haven't seen each other for a very long time even though you're with each other every moment.

Available: All Lancome counters.

Volume: 3.9 g

Star Properties: Lancome specially made 3 different set of colours, for the morning, the after lunch, and the night.


The colour that I've got is 337M for morning, and is called Rose Plumetis.


This is the ingredients list in case you need it.


=P I am sorry the box is too reflective and not very clear.

Packaging
This is my first Lancome product, and as I have nothing to compare with, I am actually very taken in by this design. Perhaps it is also an occupational hazard, but I am just really fond of tall sturdy pillars, and I think Lancome got this one right for me in that the lipstick tube resembles the pillar of a great ancient Greek temple.


Compare the base to this:

Photo credit: http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/intelligenttravel/2006/08/mind-the-battering-ram.html

Now, that's what I mean. For the record, I am very into building structures and architecture. But I understand not everyone is. And probably, most girls prefer sleek, chic, classy, or sophisticated, instead of strong and sturdy.

So if you want to be seen holding a black or gold tube of lipstick, then this is immediately not for you, because this is downright dull aluminium finish.

Not to mention, there is this dotted line motif on the sides, for goodness knows what reason.


I am okay with it though I initially thought that's a dotted sticker and can be tore off. LOL.

Well, I guess the only consolation is that the Lancome flower still appears conspicuously at the top.

Colour
337M is natural rose colour that is very close to my lip colour, but it is not a my-lips-but-better colour for me. It is just close.


Colour Selection
One big gripe I have about this Rouge in Love range is that even though Lancome specially made a set of colours for morning, afternoon and night, and that means it's quite a big range, the colour selection is really poor.

I went back a few more times to see if I could pick our a tea time and night colour because I really quite like the finish of it on my lips, but all to no avail.

It's rather frustrating when you specifically want to look for something you like inside a range and you just can't find anything.

Anyhow, this is how 337M Rose Plumetis swatches on my hand.


It is very, very pretty. And it can be blended out on the cheeks into and extremely alluring colour! Talk about multiple use products. =D

On my lips, Rose Plumetis is a well, a true rose I would say. The reason why I don't call this an exact my-lips-but-better colour is because my natural lip colour is that slight bit darker, and more of a dusty rose.


For those of you looking for a sheer lip-balm-lipstick in true rose, I do recommend that you check this out. Such tones are difficult to find in the drugstore, as drugstore lipsticks tend to be more exaggerated, glossy, glitter and all. And this brings me to my next point on consistency.

Check out what it looks like on my face (NC23-25) as a whole in my previous FOTDs here, and here.

Consistency
The finish of the Lancome Rouge in Love is to-die-for, in my very personal opinion. To me, this is exactly the feel I'd like every lipstick to be. It is so light on the lips, I feel like my lips still can breathe. It is completely non-oily and non-sticky despite the gorgeous gleam you see from the swatches on my hand. It is precisely this kind of gleam that makes the lips look full enough yet super natural.

Staying Power
The best part of it all is that it doesn't bleeds. Everything stays right there, but does not stains. If I really need to compare, I will say that this stays longer than Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and Dior Addict Extreme, but loses to Revlon Lip Butter.

However, Revlon Lip Butter is that teeny bit drying when worn for long, but Lancome Rouge in Love is moisturising!

Yet there are always pros and cons to a product. And for Lancome, other than colour selection, the other con is the pigmentation.

Pigmentation
As you can see from my lips, the Lancome Rouge in Love is not exactly pigmented. It is more like Dior Addict Extreme in this manner, whereas the Revlon Lip Butter is definitely more pigmented.

So if you have darker lips like I do, you may want to pick a darker shade, go for the night time colours instead of the morning ones.

Price
This is definitely on the higher end, and I will not say it is a must for everyone. The value I feel that I get for the price is quite proportionate. I don't exactly feel shortchanged, but neither is this a steal.

Overall, I will say, 4/5.
I do not like that the colour selection is quite uninteresting, and I also prefer if it can be more pigmented.

However, I do like the packaging because it resembles great architecture from ancient Greece. I also am in love with the finish of Rouge in Love. The feel of it on my lips is exactly what I want from every lipstick.

I am neutral about the price. And in a nutshell, do check it out if you have a bit of budget to spend on a feel-good lippie. If you are looking for a true rose, do check out 337M. Otherwise, you can simply pass this over. Good, but not enough to be a wishlist item, in my opinion.

Have you check out the Lancome Rouge in Love range? Did you pick up any of it? How does it compare to other (Lancome or other brands) lipsticks? Is there any shade that you're interested in?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar