Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

brush storage.

Storage is my first love.  I'm not the most organized person in the world (ask anyone who's ever set foot into my apartment-turned-closet), but I am supremely nosey and I love love love storage/collection posts.  The combination of those two has lead to several hours of #makeupcollection browsing on every blog/youtube channel/instagram/pinterest board I've been able to find.  In fact, the first thing I do when I come across a cool-looking blog is search 'storage'.  I'm obsessed.

I've gone through a few incarnations of brush storage, from having them all over my dressing area (if that counts as storage), to having them in a drawer, to the candle holder brush storage, and now this.


I heart these like nothing else.  They satisfy my first requirement of brush storage, which is to keep them dust-free.  I also wanted it to be clear, so I could see my brushes and remember to use them.  After looking through several clear cereal containers, I decided that they also had to be an appropriate width that my giant man hands could fit into them.  Finally, I came upon the clear jar on the left during a Saturday wander at Winners.  I think I said something ridiculous at the time about not letting my brush collection exceed that one jar.  Ahem.  

My brushes were getting really crowded, and I started noticing that certain hairs were getting bent from consistent contact with neighbouring brushes.  I couldn't find another apothecary jar like the first one, so I took to the internet.  The jar on the left is a candy jar from Target, this is the 2-gallon version.  .  I do wish this container were an inch or so taller so you could actually see the brush heads, but that`s more of a visual gripe that I have.  

Also, the jars are filled with rice.  Not because I`m Asian, but because I was too lazy to get any of those pretty marbles and this was the only thing I had in my house that worked.  Fine, maybe a little because I`m Asian.

My brush collection will not exceed these jars. 

Leave your (or your favourite) storage or collection posts in the comments!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar